Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pssst!…..Check it out!


About 4 years ago I worked on a bunch of concepts for a project I shall not (yet) disclose. As far as I have ever seen, the project never reached a final phase and was shelved early on in the creative process. Never-the-less, the company involved might get a bit ruffled and cause me financial distress should I blab about it openly so I'm going to remain annoyingly vague about what it was I was doing these drawings for.  I have since lost my contact information for the art director I worked with - and talking to the legal department I know will most likely get me a disappointing answer. So I shall remain for now like a seedy stolen watch dealer in the shadows of a grimy alley - showing my illegal wares to those interested.

I actually forgot about these drawings until just recently and was pleasantly surprised at how much fun they are still. Which, of course, made it a little more painful that I can't share them. The rarely-present risk-taking bad boy in me convinced the rule-follower that we should pick out a couple of the more vague drawings just to give them life outside of my closed sketchbook.


So here are two of maybe only 25 drawings I did for this. There's probably no way in Hades that you could guess what product these were concepts for - which maybe adds to the excitement.  If you were one of the very few I talked to about this project a little more openly, you best keep your comments to your damn self! The rest of you feel free to enjoy this meager sample and wonder about what was the greater scheme going on here.

You may also feel free to comment on my open innuendo about "showing my illegal wares".

8 comments:

  1. Funny guys with archaic-like armor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Bioshock style 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Now I want to play a pen and paper underwater occult game. Thanks for another game I'll think about for years, but never be able to play in...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to believe this is for Spelljammer, but the idea that a Spelljammer this awesome will never exist is simply too awful to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booberry - it is not for Spelljammer. Though, that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a crime we can't see the other 23 :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need never be poetic;
    you need to bow down to the Trinity...
    or you'll never be raised.

    Do you...
    1) love God?
    2) love thy neighbor?
    Cya soon Upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you want to know more about Xero software and its Payroll services, contact Xero Customer Service Phone Number with its 24x7 hours' service.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply enact the YouTube on Roku gadgets which is truly basic as it just builds up a couple of moment’s minutes to the arrangement. On the off chance that you need to initiate YouTube on the screen simply sign in to the record from YouTube.com/activate. You will sign in to the record from YouTube.com/activate and enter a digit to the Roku interface.
    Read more…

    ReplyDelete